Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Introduction

As much as I would like to, I don't have the time or resources available to plow through a list like the 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die or Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. So, instead, I'll see what I can discover by exploring a much more digestible and manageable list: Mojo's 50 Weirdest Albums Ever. I'm going to review each album and rate it on its own, as well as how much it deserves to be considered one of the weirdest albums in music history.

My rating system:

0 - The worst, basically without redeeming qualities
1 - Barely tolerable
2 - No longer able to understand how the album could possibly be enjoyed
3 - A few not bad spots, but deeply disliked it overall
4 - Can be either actively bad or offensively inoffensive
5 - Boring along with some other quality, like annoying or unambitious
6 - Boring, but competent and occasionally enjoyable
7 - Either noticeably flawed, but still entertaining either because of or in spite of this, or simply just not my kind of album, but still good.
8 - Consistently good, and the effort put into it is apparent, though I'm not absolutely in love with it
9 - Thoroughly enjoyable and consistently great album that I can see myself returning to often
10 - The best, basically perfect


http://www.mojo4music.com/14320/50-weirdest-albums/

No comments:

Post a Comment